Monday, April 12, 2010

Transformative Series




This work was made my making a series of plaster casts from a latex mold. As a group they are meant to show a visual transformation. The first out of the group of four is a cast of the original object which was a glass Coca-Cola bottle. The second and third out of the series show the physical steps I took in arriving at my final carved piece. I choose to carve this final piece into a form resembling a small boat or canoe. My intent was to draw a connection between the element of liquid and how such a humble material as glass relates to the environment. Just as we can use these materials to contain liquid, liquid often times ends up containing these glass objects and others like it. The transformative group is meant to represent how these events are interconnected both sculpturally and environmentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment